So in today's economy, everyone likes something that is free or cheap. And what mommy doesn't like something that entertains her child for a few minutes of uninterrupted peace and blogging (or whatever your time suck of choice is.)
So here is Destructo's top ten toys or activities that are free or cheap.
1) Driving the shopping cart car at the grocery store. Free and it entertains him while I shop.
3) Painting. What child doesn't like feeling like a mini Picasso? Stay tuned. I am hoping to try some homemade finger paint recipes out this weekend. I will report back with my findings on which ones work well.
4) Playdough. See post here for recipes.
5) Colored rice sensory play. See post here for instructions on how I made this.
6) Sensory bottles. See post here for how I made these.
7) Pots and pans. He loves to pretend to cook with these and to bang them with spoons and make noise. The possibilities are endless.
8)Vacuuming. He loves to help me vacuum and when all else fails and I am not vacuuming that day, he just rides the vacuum cleaner.
9) Water play. We have a water table pirate ship that Kai likes to play in. But he will also play in the sink, tub, pool, hose, river, waterfall. You get the point.
Linked up at:
Modest Mom Monday