So in an attempt to hold me more accountable for my New Year's resolutions this year, I plan on updating you guys each month how things are going. Maybe this will motivate me a little bit more.
1) Couch to 5K/ running. This one is going the best of all. As I said in this post, I successfully ran my first 5k in decent time and found out after that I was 35th out of 75 in my age group. So I was happy. My time could have been even better, but I didn't think I was going that fast and stopped to tie my jacket around my waist wasting time.
I am still loving/hating running. I love that I can see that I am getting in shape and can run without feeling like death now. But I kind of hate motivating myself to run. I overdid it last Sunday and haven't ran since and I have to go today but am sleepy and need to get cleaning done. Bah. But I will since I plan on doing three more 5K's before the year is up.
2) Organizing my house-- This one was going great the first half of January and then I got super busy at work and on the weekends and I have slacked off since then. FlyLady isn't going at all since I can't seem to keep up with the daily/weekly cleaning let alone decluttering. I did use one of the other links and made a monthly cleaning schedule that I posted on my mirror so it would constantly be on my mind. Yep I see it and feel guilty about what I am not doing.
But I will say that I got my closet completely cleaned out and organized and donated two giant garbage bags of clothes we don't wear anymore to Goodwill and have another half bag started. So I have gotten somewhere. We also straightened a tiny bit in the office and I talked my hubby into taking out the ledge that I posted pics of here that are a hot spot for clutter. If it isn't there, I can't clutter it and it will open up the living room into the dining room and probably make that area more functional as well. Overall, I need to get back on this one but it isn't going horribly either.
|New closet organizer. I still need to get more canvas baskets to hide the stuff in the cubes.|
|Guitars are going to get hung on the wall.|
3) Blogging-- As you can see, I got the new blog design and love it. It is pretty and more functional. I love the social media buttons. I have done fairly well sticking to my blogging schedule except on Thursdays. I aim to post Monday through Thursday and then one extra post either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Thursdays had become breastfeeding post day and since Destructo self weaned I just don't have as much to talk about. I plan on figuring something out for that day though. Any suggestions?
4) Bible reading-- This one is hit or miss. I do read something from the Bible every day so I guess that is a win, but I am still not devoting as much time as I would like to before bed. Hopefully this improves this month. I have just been so sleepy lately.
5) Couponing-- This one is a complete and utter failure. I haven't so much as clipped a single coupon this month. This depresses me. Oh wait I lied. I did make it to Publix once last month. Saved 50 some bucks. I win. I succeed at life. You know what made me realize that I had couponed. The fact that we have Campbell's Chunky soup. Haha. I reuse to buy it for full price and Mr. Destructo loves it for his lunch. Okay so this one isn't a complete failure, but it is close.
So how are you guy's doing in your New Year's resolutions?